AAPT Area Committee on Physics in Two Year Colleges
- American Association of Physics Teachers group for support and coordination of physics teaching at two year colleges.
AAPT Guidelines for Two-Year College Physics Programs
- PDF-format booklet (35 pages, 848 KB). Printed copies may be requested from AAPT.
Characteristics of Two-year College Physics Faculty
- Information from the 1996 AIP report.
Strategic Programs for Innovations in Undergraduate Physics at Two Year Colleges (SPIN-UP/TYC)
- A project to find exemplary physics programs at two-year colleges from which a large number of minorities and women enter science, technology, engineering or math programs at a four-year college or university. SPIN-UP/TYC also is documenting programs that encourage students to elect teacher preparation programs at four-year colleges or universities.
Testimony to U.S. House of Representatives Committee on Science
- Professor Howard Voss, Chair Department of Physics and Astronomy at Arizona State University testifies about preparing K-12 science teachers and emphasizes the role of two year colleges.
TYC Physics Workshop Project
- Joliet Junior College (IL), Lee College (TX) and the National Science Foundation team up to offer professional development workshops for two-year college physics teachers.
What is the electron spin?
Electron spin is the electron's electromagnetic field angular momentum
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor