Alessandro Volta and the electric battery
- Full text online of a book by Bern Dibner on the invention of the battery and the discovery of electric current.
The Great Magnet, the Earth
- Commemorating the 400th anniversary of "De Magnete" by William Gilbert of Colchester.
Historical Beginnings of Theories of Electricity and Magnetism
- A lecture from professor Michael Fowler at U of Virginia. Long and detailed.
- A time line of the development of electromagnetism from 900 BC to 1905.
History of Electromagnetism
- A discussion of the development of classical electromagnetism and electrodynamics.
Sketches of the History of Electromagnetics
- Timeline of classical electromagnetism, including optics, magnetism, electricity and their unification.
- A brief description of Tesla, his life, and his works.
What is the electron spin?
Electron spin is the electron's electromagnetic field angular momentum
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor