- Brief biography and summary of his works.
- University of California Riverside. Research interests: quantum gravity and n-categories. Regular column on "This Week's Finds in Mathematical Physics".
- Includes a biography comparing him with other contemporaries of his, references and quotations.
- A biography of the Mathematican who worked on differential equations and created the form now call Sturm-Liouville equations.
- Applications of mathematics to physics problems drawn from a career in industry.
- Includes a brief biography and bibliography.
- A brief biography of Cartan and exposition of his work in applied topology.
- Includes a brief biography and a reference list.
- A biography including quotations from his writings and contemporary articles.
George Green 1793-1841
- Inventor of Green's functions. Biography, papers, bibliographical references, archival material at University of Nottingham,
- A short biography on the mathematician who created Stokes's theorem
- Rutgers University. Research on string theory and M-theory, with a particular emphasis on the underlying mathematical structures and applications to and from modern mathematics.
- The mathematician whose work with coordinate transformations is still common in mathematical physics
- The mathematician who developed Hankel functions and the Hankel transform.
Jacobi and Dirichlet
- A biography of these two mathematical physicists.
- The mathematician who analysed the orbit of Uranus and predicted a possible extra planet.
- A short biography on the man who invented the Fourier series and transforms.
John F. Shalman
- Professor of Theoretical Physics in the New Delhi Institute of Technology. He is interested in a new concept of space-time in physics: his preferred approach is Bumpter Theory.
- The mathematician who developed Sturm-Liouville differential equations.
- Perturbation methods, nonlinear waves, acoustics, fluid and solid mechanics, multiphase flow.
- University of Wollongong. Non-linear chemical dynamics.
- A short history of the life and work of Sophus Lie, whose work, Lie groups, has applications in quantum mechanics in relativity.
- Research in mathematical aspects of supersymmetry; also personal interests.
- A list of personal web pages related to symmetries and integrability.9087
- Department of Biological Physics. Eötvös Loránd University. Budapest, Hungary. Specializes in statistical physics.
- A short biography on Volterra and his work in differential equations and mathematical physics.
Vladimir I. Arnold
- Overview of the life and works of the man who has given many topological (and other) contributions to mathematical physics.
- Courant Institute of Mathematical Physics, New York University. Research in mathematical physics, solitons, fractals, theory and applications. Papers downloadable online.
- Research: asymptotic methods, composite materials, effective properties, nonlinear vibrations, internal resonances. Papers on-line.
What is the electron spin?
Electron spin is the electron's electromagnetic field angular momentum
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor